QCWA has partnered with Rotary International to provide Birthing Kits to women in the Pacific Islands, in particular those in Papua New Guinea.
The kits enable these women to give birth more safely and more hygienically. The Birthing Kits are compiled by Branch members and sent to QCWA State Office. The State International Officer then packs the individual kits into boxes for pick up by Rotary who then send them in containers to Papua New Guinea.
Want to help?
Members of the public are very welcome to assist and should contact their local QCWA Branch to let them know they’d like to help.
Place in a small zip lock bag (suggested size 18cm x 17cm)
- Sheet of plastic to lay on the ground, no bigger than 1.5m x 1.5m
- Cotton sheeting 1m x 1m
- Small piece of cloth to wipe up (no bigger than hand towel size)
In a smaller bag:
- Disposable scalpel
- Small sealed soap
- 2x Sterile gauze 10cm x 10cm
- 2x 25cm lengths of strong cord. Please note: Builder’s line purchased from Bunnings or similar stores is very strong and can be knotted very tight. Do not use string as it often breaks when pulled tight.
- Pair of disposable gloves
Please keep to the exact requirement list and make sure that plastic bag closes.
Contact your local QCWA Branch or the State International Officer at email@example.com for more information.