ASSOCIATED COUNTRY WOMEN OF THE WORLD
- ACWW Poster
- Women Walk the World 2018 Poster
- ACWW Projects Anniversary Appeal Poster
- Women Walk the World Awareness Poster
ACWW CONNECTS AND SUPPORTS WOMEN AND COMMUNITIES WORLDWIDE
9 MILLION WOMEN
Queensland Country Women’s Association is a Group 1 Society member and has five votes at the ACWW Triennial conference
ACWW is one of the largest development organizations for rural women. Its goals are:
- To raise the standard of living for rural women and their families through education, training and community development programmes.
- To provide practical support to our members and help them set up income-generating schemes.
- To support educational opportunities for women and girls, and help eliminate gender discrimination.
- To give rural women a voice at an international level through links with United Nations agencies and bodies. (ACWW has had Special Consultative status to the UN Economic and Social Council since 1947)
Some statistics since 2013 are;
- 37,781 women and children have been directly supported through the Projects Programme.
- 434 women farmers have benefitted from agricultural projects, increasing knowledge, sharing techniques and improving yields.
- 7455 men, women and children benefitted from water and sanitation projects, with reliable supplies of clean fresh water.
- 48,000 additional family members from 12,021 families have been reached by the financial support of projects.
- ACWW has awarded $500,550 in projects funds during the 2013-2016 Triennium.
These projects can only be implemented and monitored if there is money at head office to pay for staff wages/rent etc. This comes from memberships and the Pennies for Friendship Fund. No money donated for projects is used for administration.
HOW WE HELP:
Membership – encourage membership of ACWW
PENNIES FOR FRIENDSHIP – these donations are a major fundraiser. It is also a way to promote branches in the community while having fun. Women Walk the World on 29 April is a good example.
Donations to ACWW projects like Clean Water for All and Women Feed the World have made a huge difference to the lives of many people. Birthing Kits and Kits of School Supplies are being sent to PNG.
The QCWA Public Rural Crisis Fund (PRCF) is helping many people in need due to drought or flood conditions.
Purchase merchandise e.g. umbrellas, cook book
Become a member and receive the Countrywoman magazine. You will be able to follow the progress of the current projects. There have been more than 1,000 projects in many countries.
To see how closely ACWW & QCWA works with the United Nations Sustainability Goals see the UN page.